Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Featured Layout and English School Boards...

Well, before I look for something good that happened today, I wanted to share a couple of Good Things that happened on the weekend.

On Friday, one of my scrapbook layouts was selected to be the featured layout of the week, on the storefront webpage of one of my favorite scrapbooking sites.

(Edited Oct. 12/07)

They have already changed to the following week's layout, so I've included it here:



On Sunday, I had an even better thing happen. I finally found out that Liam is eligible for the English school board. Yay! For those of you not from Quebec, this is a big deal. A really big deal. If you are not eligible, you have to go to a French school, no ifs, ands or buts. Legal battles have been fought (and lost) over this issue. Why is it a big deal to me? Well, aside from the obvious fact that my French language skills are less than stellar, the only bilingual public schools are in the English school board, and we want to send Liam to a bilingual school. I’m very happy about this. Very.

No comments: