Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sweet as Honey


Here is my last LO done with the June kit from Crazy Daisy Kits. This photo was from Rhys' first professional portrait session, at 2 months of age.


The honey-comb pattern on this paper gave me the inspiration for the title of this layout (don't you love it when a title is that easy?). I cut around the shapes in the paper, to further emphasize the pattern.

Glimmer Mist and plain chipboard were made for each other. I used several colours of Glimmer Mist on this page, as they were all great matches for the June kit. To make the pink chipboard flowers I used "Cherry Blossom" for the petals and "Patina" for the stem.


For the turquoise flower I used "Patina" for the petals, and layered "Coffee Shop" and "Winter Pine" for the flower base. I love the shimmer this product gives, and it can be used on all sorts of surfaces. It's a great way to personalize your scrap supplies!



Supplies (from kit):
CS - Bazzill
PP - Basic Grey, We R Memory Keepers, My Mind's Eye
chipboard shapes - Basic Grey
vinyl letters - American Crafts Thickers
pebbles - Prima

Other Supplies:
small letters - Webster's Pages
rub-ons - October Afternoon
ink - Ranger
glimmer mist - Tattered Angels
marker - Staedtler Triplus Fineliner

3 comments:

Kristine said...

nice job with the chipboard!

Tara Orr said...

you are on fire! loving your layouts more and more!

Claude said...

Okay, it's official, I'm buying Glimmer Mist!
Love your layout, so much eye candy in there!