Monday, July 13, 2009

Little Treasures - July mini album


The July main kit from Crazy Daisy Kits included a star-shaped chipboard min-album from Maya Road.

I decided to cover the little oval tag that was attached, and use that in the album as well. I also grabbed a couple of the Maya Road tickets included with the kit, and added them as dangles, too.


This is a brag book for my husband to keep at work, so he has something to make him smile in the middle of the day. I used the Jenni Bowlin rub-on letters and more of the Crate Paper borders to make the title for the cover.


Since this book is for my husband, he got to chose the pictures, so you may have seen a few of them before. I used some of the border stickers from the Cosmo Cricket sticker sheet. They were easy to trim to the size I needed for the mini.


Most of the pages I covered with patterned paper, and sanded the edges. But the next one here, I tried out inking the chipboard, then covering it with the Prima rub-ons. I love the effect, but a note of caution. Make sure the ink is bone dry before trying this - other wise the rub-ons just make a mess instead of sticking (ask me how I found this out).

I also cut apart and used some of the cream daisy trim from the kit on the second page here. It's nice and flat, and makes an easy embellishment that won't catch on things.



I loved using the Jenni Bowlin and Prima border rub-ons around the photos.




Supplies (from July kit):
chipboard album - Maya Road
PP - Crate, Foofala
stickers - Cosmo Cricket
border die cut - Crate
tickets - Maya Road
trim - Maya Road
rub-ons - Jenni Bowlin, Prima
rub-on letters - Jenni Bowlin

Other supplies:
mini rub-on letters - Doodlebug
ink - Ranger

6 comments:

Claude said...

Wow JJ, this came out beautiful! It looks very manly, great job.
I love that Andre chose pics of you and the kids and him and the kids!

Larajc said...

this turned out so nice. I love the photos that were chosen, and the little tags on the change.

Tracey Taylor said...

I LOVE dangles. What a sweet book.

Heather said...

love what you did with the rub-ons! such a great gift for your hubby!

Patti said...

Gorgeous!!
I love this!!

Adrienne Pierce said...

I love that album!