Sunday, July 5, 2009

This is how a Ninja sleeps


Have you checked out the July Kit at Crazy Daisy Kits? The June kit sold out, so if you're interested in the July kit, grab it while you still can!

This is my first layout with the July kit (as usual, click on image for a larger view). Lots of vintage type papers, distressed edges, TONS of rub-ons. Perfect colours for boy pages. I'm having fun already, and I've barely started!

Lately I've really gotten into using small square letter stickers like those from Rose Moka and My Little Shoebox. Lots of options when creating longer titles.(I'm totally blaming Claude and Noémi for this addiction - enablers, both of them!) So, I sort of created my own version for this layout. I started with the Jenni Bowlin rub-on letters from the kit, and added them to one of the die-cut frames (Crate Paper), also from the kit:

Then I cut them apart to make individual shapes:


I also inked the edges with Distress Ink, in "Brushed Corduroy", then added them to my title. Easy, and adds a whole new look to rub-on letters!


There were lots of other Crate Paper die cut borders, frames, and journaling tags. I took this circle frame, and added it for a little interest. Also shown here are a couple of the Maya Road transparent tickets from the kit. I know I'll be using more of those!


Loads of Prima rub-ons in the kit, including borders and frames. The frames are sized perfectly for adding grunge edges to 4x6 photos. I never think that far ahead to print my photos 'standard' sizes, so I cut apart one of these frames and added it to the parts of my photo where it would be seen.


More rub-on details, and some coordinating Prima flowers I added from my stash. (Who says you can't use flowers on a 'boy' page?)


The journaling spot is actually another one of the Prima rub-ons. I added it to one of the die-cut tags.



Supplies (from July kit):
PP - Chatterbox, Crate Paper, Foofala
die-cuts - Crate Paper
tickets - Maya Road
letter stickers - Pink Paisley
letter rub-ons - Jenni Bowlin
other rub-ons - Prima

Other supplies:
flowers - Prima
ink - Ranger
marker - Staedtler Triplus Fineliner

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great kit! Your LO came out awesome- looks like he played hard :)

xoxo
Sara

Claude said...

I will take the blame proudly! ;)

2 things about this: very cool how you made your own version of the tiny letters and I absolutely LOVE the flowers peeking out from under the photo! Look for that on a future page of mine, for sure!

Carmen said...

This is stunning and I love what you did with the flowers :)