Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Chatterbox Butterfly mini-album


You get a mini-album with every main kit at Crazy Daisy Kits, and the August kit was no exception. This month it was a fun mixed media / mixed shape album from Chatterbox, with a butterfly theme that perfectly matched this month's kit. With such a sweet feminine album, I had to choose pictures of my baby girl (I know, such a chore for a mother, right?) :)

(As usual, click on pictures for a larger view)

I painted the back of this transparent cover with white acrylic paint, and added my title to the front, along with some Distress Stickles in "Broken China"


The inside cover was then a perfect place for a sub-title (P'tite Princesse is french for "Little Princess"). Of course, I had to use the crown rub-on from My Mind's Eye (included in the kit). I painted the edges of the cover in more of the white acrylic paint.

The next page I used Distress Stickles around the entire shape of the butterfly. The "Broken China" colour was a great match with this book.


On this page I painted the edges white again, and tucked some Prima flowers (from my stash) around the photo. I added one of the cute butterfly sequins from the kit, as well.


Do you remember that I cut apart a title tag from My Mind's Eye for an earlier layout from this kit? I didn't toss the middle part of the tag. I cut out some of the shapes on the tag, and I've used them here in the mini album. The flourish you see below, and the pink flowers on the next pages were all part of that tag.

On this page I also used a portion of the recipe card from the kit. The little flower and fairy were so cute, I wanted to include them in the album. My butterfly punch also saw some action here, as I used it to make butterflies from the Jenni Bowlin paper.


More acrylic paint, and border punch usage on this next one. The paper is from one of the Pink Paisley sheets. And the flourish? Look familiar, but a little smaller? I actually cut it out from the packaging on the Heidi Swapp stickers that were part of the kit!

Did you know that you can use glimmer mist on transparencies? You just need to allow it a lot more time to dry, but it works great. On the transparent butterfly page next, I used a white Sharpie paint marker, and glimmer mist in "Patina".


On the next few pages, I incorporated more of the same techniques - glimmer mist, cut outs from the Heidi Swapp packaging, acrylic paint, border punches & rub-ons. These are all fun ways to add flat embellishments to a mini-album. I hope you give them a try!


Supplies (from kit):
mini-album - Chatterbox
PP - Pink Paisley, Jenni Bowlin, Basic Grey
die cut tag - My Mind's Eye
rub-ons - Pink Paisley, My Mind's Eye
Heidi Swapp stickers packaging
recipe card
butterfly sequins

Other supplies:
flowers - Prima
letter stickers - Pink Paisley, Making Memories
glimmer mist - Tattered Angels
acrylic paint - Adirondack, Folk Art
ink, stickles - Ranger
marker - Staedtler Triplus Fineliner, Sharpie Paint

3 comments:

Kristine said...

JJ, this is too cute! and RHYS is growing up so quick!! .. sweet mini for her

Mazlina said...

this is lovely!!!! love the butterfly shape and all the techniques you used!

Tara Orr said...

Sorry I haven't stopped by for so long!! Love the mini of Rhys!! Awesome stuff as usual!!