Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Back 2 Class


Another layout using the September kit from Crazy Daisy Kits. I'm really loving the versatility of this kit - it works well for boy, girl, and grown-up pages.

I used glimmer mist in "Tattered Leather" to darken and grunge up the twill ribbon. I wanted the back to school look, but in a more grown-up version. I think this did the trick! I then folded and stapled the ribbon to my page.


I had these Tim Holtz gears and washers in my stash, and with the screw head brads, they were a perfect accent, since my husband is going to technical school.


The Jenni Bowlin papers reminded me of school note book papers, so I used a note book punch on the edge.


I love that these 7 gypsies ephemera tags are 2 sided, and really thick. You can use one side just for the design, or the flip side as a journaling spot. And the thickness allows for distressing without tearing it apart.


Supplies (from kit):
PP - 7 gypsies, Jenni Bowlin
gaffer tape, chipboard letters, stickers, ephemera tags - 7 gypsies
twill ribbon - Foofala
office supply tag

Other supplies:
glimmer mist - Tattered Angels
metal gears and washers - Tim Holtz
brads - Karen Foster, Imaginisce
paper clips - KI Memories
ink - Ranger
marker - Staedtler Triplus Fineliner
other - staples

5 comments:

Caro said...

Such a gorgeous page! Love the manly feel!

Cheryl KVD said...

Beautiful work, JJ!!!!!

Joséphine said...

Wow, ta page est magnifique!!!

Stephanie said...

Such a cool layout!!! Loving the gadgets!

Tina McDonald said...

This is stunning! Love the colors and your grunged up effects!