Saturday, September 12, 2009

Mug


Here's another layout using the September kit from Crazy Daisy Kits. You know what I had trouble with, using this kit? There were so many pictures that I wanted to scrap with these papers, that it was hard to choose. That's a pretty good problem to have!

I added some Queen & Co felt trim to this layout. It was a great match for the kit - the texture was perfect. In this photo you can also see some of the places I used the stickles, including on the buttons.


I am not a glitter person (just ask the people I crop with...) but I do love Distress Stickles. They come in great colours, have just the right amount of shimmer without being overwhelming, and the best part - they don't end up in my eyes like loose glitter always does. (*sigh*) I loved getting a bottle in the kit this month - the colour is perfect.


This kit has so many elements that are great for layering. I love the visual texture that layers give. I used pinking shears on the fabric (from the kit) to get the zig zag edge shown here.


Yup - my little girl certainly mugs for the camera. Can't imagine where she learned that...


Supplies (from kit):
PP - Pink Paisley, Collage Press, 7 gypsies, Jenni Bowlin
chipboard letters, stickers - 7 gypsies
glitter glue - Ranger Distress Stickles
other - upholstery fabric

Other supplies:
felt - Queen & Co
buttons - vintage
ink - Ranger Distress Ink
marker - American Crafts Slick Writer

No comments: