Thursday, October 1, 2009

Eat Your 'Hart' Out Corey!


My boy - doing his best Corey Hart impersonation - wearing his sunglasses at night. (I should have turned up his collar, doh!). Hmm, these sunglasses are more like predators than wayfarers. I digress...

Have you seen the October kit from Crazy Daisy Kits? Get thee on over and take a look - this is an awesome kit, and I think it will move fast! This is my first layout with the kit, and I had fun with all the different papers that were included.


For my journaling spot, I used one of the Pink Paisley rub-ons. I cut out the quote from the middle of the box, and adhered the border to one of the 7 gypsies papers from the kit. I had fun with my 'drippy goop' border punch, to echo all of that ice cream dripping down Liam's hands (and all over this clothes, ha!).


I felt the title wasn't popping quite enough, so I added some white acrylic paint around the chipboard letters. I was rather sloppy with it - I felt it added to the drippy, messy ice cream theme.

I combined a couple of the quote rub-ons to make my own phrase. Don't be afraid to cannibalize your rub-ons - you can really make them your own!


Supplies (from the kit):
CS - Bazzill
PP - 7 gypsies, Chatterbox, 3 Bugs in a Rug
rub-ons - Pink Paisley
chipboard letters - Chatterbox
buttons - Chatterbox, Jenni Bowlin
brad - 7 gypsies

Other Supplies:
ribbon - Making Memories, Prima Marketing, Scrapworks
ink - Ranger
paint - Folk Art
marker - Staedtler Triplus Fineliner

No comments: