Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Ninjas - mini album


The October kit from Crazy Daisy Kits included a 7 gypsies chipboard album. Since it was already in black, I didn't feel like I needed to cover every inch of the chipboard (which I like to do with grey chipboard).

My son (who is only 4 years old) has developed a bit of a fascination with Ninjas. With my husband as an influence, that comes as no surprise. He's still a big kid at heart, so he loves playing dress-up and make-believe with Liam. It's quite comical to see them together.

I had to include this quote from a kid's song by "The Barenaked Ladies" - a Canadian band with a great sense of humor. (As always, click image for a larger view.)


I wanted to keep the design simple, and repeat elements to make it more cohesive. I find that when photos are taken at many different times, in different lighting conditions, it can make a mini-album look jumbled, so I wanted something to help tie it together.








I still have a few pages left in the album for the next time my Ninjas visit (which might be on Hallowe'en from what I hear...).

Supplies (from the kit):
chipboard album, patterned paper - 7 gypsies
chipboard letters - Prima Marketing
lace cardstock, brad - Chatterbox
rub-ons - Basic Grey
metal embellishment - Pink Paisley

Other supplies:
small letters stickers - Rose Moka, Carolees
ink - Ranger
white pen - Uniball Signo

3 comments:

Julie said...

this turned out really nice, love those coustumes.

Fleur-de-Lys said...

Awesome !

I really like the picture of Liam waiting. It's Jedi-like, isn't it ?

:D

Melonie said...

This is so cute! Love the pictures. My boys (Hubby included) are totally into Star Wars and light sabers right now...but my son is into Ninjas too. Adorable mini.