Tuesday, November 17, 2009

1st Pumpkins


This month I was lucky enough to have a spot as a Guest Designer for Scrap Attack Scrapbooking. I knew that the owner Lauri had a real knack for putting together kits, as I've purchased some of her monthly kits in the past, but I had no idea I would be so spoiled with the DT kit. I created 6 layouts with the supplies, and I still have enough for at least 2 more. Considering the amount of paper I use on projects - that's a lot of product!

Scrap Attack Scrapbooking is offering 3 gorgeous kits this month, and some of them are in limited supply - so get on over to her store and check them out!

This is just one of the layouts I made with this kit (I will be posting the rest in the days to come) . There was a great package of Prima pearls and crystals in the kit, and I had fun making a circle with some of them.


I don't usually use photo corners, but I really liked these filigree ones! The SEI die-cuts are not just a flat paper, they are a textured cardstock which takes inking beautifully.


A number of the papers in this collection are specialty cardstocks. This striped one has metallics. I actually used both sides, because it had an equally beautiful pattern on the opposite side. How often do you see specialty papers that are 2 sided?! And it's hard to see in this picture, but the KI lace cardstock also has a slight shimmer.

Instead of using regular cardstock for my journaling strips, I used one of the border stickers from this collection. It added just a little more depth, and I love that.


Supplies (from kit):
PP, die cuts, border stickers - SEI Moravia collection
die cut cardstock - KI Memories
letter stickers - Pink Paisley
flowers, pearls, gems - Prima Marketing

Other supplies:
ink - Ranger
markers - Staedtler Triplus Fineliner, Sakura Identi-pen

3 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Great layout! I love the border and the circular design element.
Rinda

Kristine said...

JJ this is one of my favorite layouts from you! You did a fabulous job and i love the lace cardstock.. Super!

Lauri {Scrap Attack} said...

This is another favorite of mine - I really like how you used the pearls to form the circle!!