Thursday, May 6, 2010

Artists @ Work


This is my 3rd layout using the May kit from Snobby Walrus Paper Crafts. There were lots of great papers in the kit, making it very easy to create. I'm a total paper hog, so I love having lots of options. The quote at the top was cut from one of the vintage postcards in the kit. I almost felt a little guilty cutting it - the hand written message on the back was so sweet - a young man writing to his sweetheart a hundred years ago!


I wanted to try something a little different with the Prima lace in the kit, so I gathered the edge to form it into lace flowers. The 7 gypsies key made a fun centre for one.


Love the Glitz Designs rub-ons in the kit. Lots of shapes. The dark colours are completely opaque, while the whites (instead of being completely transparent) are semi-opaque. I really like the look.


This blue paper is the back side of one of the American Crafts papers from the kit. The colour was exactly what I needed, but I didn't want a plain solid, so I embossed it with a Cuttlebug folder and sanded the embossing to show the white core. I also glimmer misted over the top.


Supplies (from Snobby Walrus May kit):
PP - Sassafrass Lass, Mark's Paper Company, 7 gypsies, American Crafts
letters - American Crafts, Cosmo Cricket
key - 7 gypsies
lace - Prima Marketing
rub-ons - Glitz Designs
glimmer mist - Tattered Angels
other - quote cut from vintage postcard, vintage stamp, buttons

Other supplies:
walnut ink - Tsukineko
ink - Ranger
other - twine

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Fabulous layout!!! Love all the embellies.

Jackie L. said...

Great layout JJ ! And another kit company to check out ! hehe

Ilene said...

I just love all the stuff you made with the kit!