Saturday, July 24, 2010

Something a little different


This is where my secret doll-collecting habit becomes not-so-secret. Yup - I collect fashion dolls. This doll is 16" (1/4 scale), and boy did I have fun dressing her!


When I saw the "Peacock Lane" collection from Bo Bunny, I immediately knew I wanted to create a train with the peacock feathers. The rest of the dress required a little more thinking, but here's the end result.


Everything in this doll outfit (minus the cameo) is from the Bo Bunny "Peacock Lane" collection.



You guessed it - this is made of paper.


The 'lace' of her ascot is made from Bo Bunny flowers. I used the same technique for her 'lace' cuffs.


Draping the peplum was tricky, but worth the effort:


Yes - I really put part of this through the sewing machine - it was the only thing strong enough to hold the pleats.


I adore the colours in this collection - if this was fabric, I would have gone full scale!


Her bustle was fun to make. I used fussy cuts from the patterned paper, mixed with stamped images (also from the "Peacock Lane" collection) stamped on transparency, to get a floating effect.


The centre is highlighted with a Bo Bunny flower and jewel.


Supplies:
PP, flowers, jewels, stamps - Bo Bunny
ink - Ranger, StazOn
blank transparency - 3M
adhesive - a lot of GLUE DOTS!

20 comments:

Gemma* said...

that's amazing! :)

Natalie said...

holy %^$#!!! JJ

that is amazing !! i have a secret doll collection too but i would have never though of making paper warerobe for them.

did you built it on her ??? cause i can't see myself trying to put it on her without destroying it.

Marielle said...

Holy WOW ! JJ this is stunning !! I hope you sent this in to Bo Bunny !!!

Tina said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! Never in my wildest dreams would I have even undertaken such an intricate task! I think you really want to get on the Bo Bunny DT bad huh! Good luck!!!!

Dana Tatar said...

Totally awesome JJ! I've never seen anything like this! I can only imagine the time this took to create, but it was well worth it! Truely stunning! Thanks so much for sharing!

LeeAnne said...

Omg. This is incredible! I found you via the comments section on the Bo Bunny Design Team announcement. I hope you make the team - I've never seen anything like this. Amazing work.

Tracey Taylor said...

You OUTDID yourself!!! This is simply AMAZING. I had NO idea you were a steamstress, too. Or at least I'm assuming you must be with all those fancy dress making terms. :) This is sure to turn some heads. Best of luck to you!! :)

Igagnon76 said...

OMG! claude told me about this dress but never could i have imagined something so detailed and amazing! i knew you were a good seamstress but wow! you are awesome BoBunny would be crazy not to take you on their DT

Erin Morehouse said...

you're a freak...a gifted one at that and that's why we love you! I hope this get's you onto the team- I can't see why it wouldn't!!

btw, I'm happy to be a mannequin anytime you need one!

Cate Brickell said...

What an amazing job!

Jackie R said...

I already knew that you were an amazing costumer but it what you created for this doll is absolutely incredible!! It's unbelievable the detail you created and how you did it. Thanks for sharing!

Lauri {Scrap Attack} said...

Seriously??? That is amazing!! Good luck, that is sooo cool!

A Sarasota said...

WOW!!! Amazing and beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I'm a long time lurker... I first saw and loved your work on Scrapbook Centrale's site. This...is...freaking amazing!

Marianne

laterg8r said...

holy hannah, that is incredible :D

Scrapbook Centrale said...

This is sooooo amazing. If I were BOBunny, I would be sure to do anything possible to showcase this on the blog as well as have this at their booth!!!!

Ria Maningat-Mojica said...

Incredible job on this one JJ!

Allison Cope said...

Holy canoly JJ! This is beautiful!!!! Love the details!

Okispice said...

This is truly an incredible peice of work! Please send photos to BoBunny so they can see your amazing use of their product! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Unknown said...

JJ, I can't believe the intricate work of this, just amazing. You are one patient woman. ;) Bo Bunny sure made a mistake not picking you for the team, imo!!