Sunday, August 1, 2010

Waiting for the Hurricane


It's reveal day for the August kit over at Snobby Walrus Paper Crafts. This month's kit has a beach / summer feel to it, although it could easily be used for non-vacation photos. I hope you'll surf on over to see what the rest of the team has created.

I love the chunky twine in this kit - I couldn't resist looping it around the page. It feels nautical / beachy to me. I adhered it with a liquid adhesive, but you could also tack it down with glue dots or small stitches. The shiny objects on the pages are 'sparklers' buttons from Webster's Pages. I had to hold myself back from using the entire package on just this one layout, ha ha!


This month's kit includes some yummy Prima Marketing flowers, and Hambly Studios labels - which are perfect for small amounts of journaling. I used a Sakura Identi-pen on the label. A 'slick writer' would also do the trick.


I misted on the background paper in a couple of colours of Glimmermist (Tiger Lily and Dragonfly). Also, if you click on the image, you should be able to read the story behind the page title.


Supplies (from Snobby Walrus August kit):
PP - Fancy Pants, Graphic 45, 7 gypsies, Sassafrass Lass, Webster's Pages
die-cut border - Graphic 45
letters - American Crafts
journal sticker - Hambly Studios
flower - Prima Marketing
'sparklers' buttons - Webster's Pages
twine - May Arts

Other Supplies:
mini-letters - Adornit
mist - Tattered Angels (Tiger Lily, Dragonfly)
ink - Ranger, StazOn
marker, - Staedtler Triplus Fineliner, Sakura Identi-pen

3 comments:

Keri said...

Wow, JJ, you really knocked this one OUT of the ballpark...really fabulous! I adore the twine loops, and the misting and that scripty AC alpha is PERFECT for a curved title! Love it, can't wait to see more projects! :-)

Ilene said...

So awesome!! I had to do that with my twine too :) I hope I can see them all soon!

jillybean66 said...

Such a awesome layout...can't wait to see what else you did with the kit, love the misting and the twine!