Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tree Ornament


This was the last of my December Tattered Angels projects. I started out with a clear acrylic ornament and coated one side with Chalkboard mist. It takes a while to dry, and should be sealed with a clear spray to keep the chalk from migrating afterward. I didn't seal it right away, so you can see a few spots where it rubbed off - oops!

It might seem a little odd to be posting a Christmas decoration in January, but this one is more a winter decoration. I think I will hang it in my window for a while yet.



Yup - it looks like snow there. But it really was prettier on the tree. ;) I added a bit of texture medium to the top edges, and once it was dry I coloured it with more of the Chalkboard mist.


The blue swirls were created with a glimmer screen and Glimmer Glam (Tide Pool). I painted a thick coat on the screen, and then used it like a stamp to create the design on the ornament. The Glimmer Glam dries beautifully on acrylic and requires no top coat.


Tattered Angels:
Chalkboard mist - Chalk
Glimmer Glam - Tide Pool

Other supplies:
texture medium - Liquitex
bakers twine - The Twinery
acrylic sealer - Folk Art
other - acrylic ornament

2 comments:

Lauri {Scrap Attack} said...

Looks great, love the glimmer glam! It's nice to see it in use - love it!!

Melissa Bi. said...

amazing texture!