Thursday, May 5, 2011

She Art canvas #1


Seems like half the people I know online have been taking the She Art classes from Christy Tomlinson. This comes as no huge surprise to me, as I have taken the classes myself, and thoroughly enjoyed them. She is a good teacher, and her style makes mixed media art very approachable. This is the first canvas I created, after following the course. (Oh, the size is 6"x12")

Mixed media is something that I've wanted to get into for about 10 years. Yup - I waited that long. I was that intimidated by it. It's something that I will be exploring further, so you will most likely see more of it mixed in here with the scrappy stuff. :)

4 comments:

Martha Richardson said...

Me too! I thoought the workshop was fab...and I too have waited but I've jumped in with both feet. SHE canvas is wonderful!!! Time for a DOUBLE LATTE!

Dana Tatar said...

Gorgeous JJ! Thanks for sharing!

Barb said...

LOVE this canvas... you are so darned talented. I'm glad you got over the fear factor, JJ! :)

Sandi said...

It's gorgeous JJ!!!:)