Monday, September 26, 2011

Butterfly


Hi everyone - time for another sketch challenge over at Let's Capture These Sketches. I hope you will hop on over to their blog to see what the rest of the team has created.

For this layout I wanted to really bring in a softness to the halloween theme by adding flowers and lots of lace. These laces are from Love My Tapes. I used 3 different laces, but it's not overwhelming because they are all the same shape, creating repetition.


I had been hoarding this chipboard fence for a couple of years I think - so glad I finally dug it out and used it. It's been sprayed with glimmer mist in Raven and Haunted Shadows.


I added the Prima halloween vine to make sure it didn't get too 'pretty' for a hallowe'en page. I like the balance between this and the flowers.


I cut out my title and mounted it on pop-dots to make it stand out a little easier.


Supplies:
PP - Fancy Pants
lace - Love My Tapes (12mm lace light green, pale pink, black)
letters - Basic Grey
chipboard - Riff Raff
flowers, vine - Prima Marketing
jewels - Doodlebug
glimmer mist - Tattered Angels (Haunted Shadows, Raven)
marker - Faber-Castell PITT pen
ink - StazOn

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Love than fence and the lace!

Valerie S said...

JJ, I love how you've added a twist to a Halloween layout. The colors are beautiful, as well as the lace!

Lisa said...

Beautiful JJ!! Love the layering, the tattered gate. Gorgeous lo!!!

Claude said...

Love the black!