Monday, September 12, 2011

Say What? - LCOM Sketch challenge #99


Have you seen this week's sketch challenge over at Let's Capture TheseSketches? Don't forget to pop on over and see what the rest of the team has created.

I customized this older chipboard shape, from Riff Raff, quite a bit. It was wider and shorter, with a Christmas holly in it, when I started. I cut it apart, then primed with gesso and painted with Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze. I was rough about the priming, getting it lumpy on purpose, so that the finish would be more shabby. I'm quite pleased with the effect. (I saved the lovely holly shape for a future layout).

The pink borders were punched with a MS punch, then pleated. I added Love My Tapes lace over top. I'm also totally loving those spool top wooden buttons from this collection - makes this seamstress' heart go pitter-patter. :)


I was pleased to find out these older Pink Paislee letters (both styles) matched this collection so well!


Supplies:
PP, chip letters, mini letters, spool buttons - Pink Paislee
chipboard frame - Riff Raff
lace - Love My Tapes
pearls - Prima Marketing (flourishes), Basic Grey (flower centres)
glimmer glaze - Tattered Angels (Hawaiian Hibiscus)
gesso - Liquitex
markers - Faber-Castell PITT pen

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Love all the pinks and purples!

Karin said...

She is adorable!!

Claude said...

It turned out great!

Erin Morehouse said...

This is awesome!!I love all of it!