Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Miramichi - Tattered Angels & Love My Tapes


Here's my second project using the Bold Brights Paint System from Tattered Angels. Because this paint system was chosen as part of the Color Connections with Pink Paislee, I wanted to use it with one of the Pink Paislee Mistables papers. I misted the entire sheet with the Meadow Green glimmer mist, then I added the Teal High Heel chalkboard around the edges, allowing the colours to blend before I blotted off the excess.

I used texture medium and a stencil to get these rocks on the page. Once it was dry, I painted them with the Shy Violet glimmer glaze, and immediately misted with water to make it run. It left me with a softer version of the glaze, which was perfect for these photos. I also added some stamping using the Architectural Trims stamp set.


The Love My Tapes lace was painted with Pink Lipstick glimmer glam, and the striped fabric tape was painted with the Shy Violet glimmer glaze. (The teal patterned paper is from the Pink Paislee ‘Soiree’ collection).


I painted these Prima canvas letters with the Pink Lipstick glimmer glam. This photo also demonstrates how much of a difference Chalkboard mist can make on a piece of fabric. The tan Love My Tapes fabric is the original colour and the teal fabric is the same fabric misted with Teal High Heel chalkboard. It was a happy discovery to find the white anchors resisted the mist!


Thanks for visiting!


Supplies (Tattered Angels):
Bold Brights Paint System, also available individually:
Glimmer mist - Meadow Green
Chalkboard mist - Teal High Heel
Glimmer Glam - Pink Lipstick
Glimmer Glaze - Shy Violet
stamp - Architectural Trims set

Supplies (Love My Tapes):
fabric sheet - beige anchors (FS5020)
lace tape - 21mm white (LT1007), 12mm black (LT6022)
fabric tape - blue stripe "Silverton" (FT023)

Other Supplies:
PP - Pink Paislee
canvas letters - Prima Marketing
stencil - The Crafters Workshop
texture medium - Liquitex
ink - StazOn, Ranger
marker - Faber-Castell PITT pen

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I seriously need to try all the new products, I only used mists so far!

Jaime Echt said...

love how you used the Pebbles template!!

Melissa Bi. said...

really like who you layered all the elements on the page. thanks for the step by step instructions!

Karenladd said...

Wow, this is spectacular!! Love all the techniques!