Monday, July 16, 2012

Banner Day - Boy - Ruby Rock-it, denim & corrugated cardboard


With CHA just about upon us, I realized that I forgot to post a couple of projects I did for last CHA (winter 2012).  Then I edited the photos and remembered why I had 'forgotten'.  The photos suck, let's be honest here.  (I was in a rush, and it was December.  Crap lighting + packing for road trip = crap pictures.  Just sayin')


This was one of two banners I made for the Ruby Rock-it booth.  They had a whole bunch from the team, and all on display in a gazebo - looked very cool (from the pictures - I didn't get there myself).


I used the "Paper Boy" line - might still be available in some areas if you look around.


I used corrugated cardboard and scrap denim for all the banner sections. There's some upcycling for ya!


Canvas scraps helped to reinforce the cardboard, and large eyelets for all the holes.


Thanks for visiting - hope the questionable photos didn't put you off.  :)


Supplies:
PP, chipboard, felt, stickers, ribbon - Ruby Rock-it
other - corrugated cardboard, denim, eyelets
ink - Ranger

2 comments:

lisaplus6 said...

this is gorgeous! I hope you do not mind if we use this idea for our banner we need to make for our first week of school :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Adorable!! I loveeeeee the colors!!!!