Thursday, August 16, 2012

Bonne Fête ma Belle Princesse - birthday card with Authentique & Basically Bare


This week the Authentique team is mixing in some Basically Bare products.  I love anything kind of embellishment I can customize, so this was right up my ally.

I started with the "Lively" collection, and made this card for my daughter's birthday.  (The sentiment translates to "Happy Birthday, my Beautiful Princess".   I love the way the Authentique paper distresses.


The dress is made from Basically Bare 'dress' embellishments in felt and canvas.  I sprayed them both with glimmer mist (the canvas is a darker shade), and then added some brown mist with a stencil.  Then I cut and folded back the canvas and adhered to the felt, and added some green trim.


Thanks for visiting!

Authentique ("Lively" collection):
papers - "Vivacious", "Bright"
letters - "Lively" elements
stickers - "Lively" Details

Basically Bare:
Basically Embellies Dresses (felt & canvas)

Other Supplies:
7mm Loop Trim (Olive) - Green Tara
15mm Flower Edge Organza (Pale Pink) - Green Tara
Helmar Professional Acid Free Glue
Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive
Helmar Liquid Scrapdots
glimmer mist (Black Cherry, Party Pink, Decadence Chalkboard) - Tattered Angels
stencil - Donna Downey by Prima

6 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous card! That dress looks wonderful! Love all the textures!

Rozy said...

Lovely birthday card. Your daughter is one lucky girl!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What a precious birthday card for your dd! Love the princess dress!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Jessica Buffa said...

Your distressing and misting is fantastic. Coupled with the wonderful felt and canvas design you created on the dress....magnificent!
:O)
Jessica S
So happy to have hopped in from Authentique!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous!!! I loveeeeeee the colors and that dress!!!!!

Melissa Bi. said...

spectacular card JJ!!