Monday, October 8, 2012

La Folie des Citrouilles - Authentique Pin-spired Monday

The Authentique blog has a Monday feature called "Pin-spired Monday".  This is one my of recent takes on that challenge.  Lately, I've been very drawn to quatrefoil patterns, so I took my inspiration from this 'Pin':


I incorporated the quatrefoil design into my layout by die-cutting simple black cardstock and using the pieces like trim or lace on my page:


It almost looks like iron-work when used for a Hallowe'en theme, but in another colour it could be light and airy.  I like the added texture it gives, while still allowing the beautiful paper beneath to show through.



Details and Elements stickers and letters finish off the page, including this journaling spot.  I love it when journaling can also be an embellishment!  Tracing around the stickers gives them a little extra definition against a busy background like this one.


Supplies (Authentique):

Adhesives (Helmar):

Other Supplies:
flair - Lucky7Factory
flowers - Green Tara
twine - Hemptique
brads - Making Memories, Queen & Co
ink, distress stain - Ranger

2 comments:

Paper Issues said...

Very cute, JJ! I love that paper. I will have to get ahold of that. :)

Casey said...

clever!!!!!
caseytoney at yahoo